Cathy was only 52 when lung cancer robbed her of her future. She had known of this disease only 18 months after a nagging cough just wouldn’t go away and being told that it was just bronchitis. It was much more. Cathy was a wife, a mother, a daughter, a teacher, a friend. Cathy was my sister.
Radon gas is a naturally occurring radioactive decay product of radium, naturally found in the soil. It can enter your home through cracks in the slab or crawlspace and become trapped inside your home or business in high levels that are detrimental to our health. Radon is the number one cause of lung cancer among non-smokers and is responsible for approximately 21,000 deaths per year.
The only way to know if this deadly gas is inside your home is to test. It does not matter whether your home is large or small, new or old, basement or crawlspace. Testing is simple. Some states even offer charcoal tests for free. This type of test will give the homeowner information to determine if more diagnostic testing should be performed. Visit the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) website where information is shared about radon, air quality, water quality, and other issues regarding human health. The site covers a variety of topics and gives information about your specific location. An electronic copy of all the publications the EPA publishes can also be accessed on their website. You can even find out how to get free radon test kits.
Because of our personal experience, David and I have made it our mission and are passionate about educating the public about radon gas therefore, we started our company Covenant Air LLC. which is located in Spring Hill, Chattanooga, and Knoxville, Tennessee. Our technicians are certified with NRPP and are members of AARST. If anyone is interested in having us speak at your next meeting or organization, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and visit our website to learn more about us and meet our team – covenantairtn.com.
I didn’t know of radon gas and its dangers when Cathy was diagnosed. I wish I had. But now, my husband David and I are now educated in this area and wishing to prevent someone else from suffering the devastating and heartbreaking loss of a loved one by educating others of this invisible, odorless, colorless gas.
Test. Fix. Save A Life